“If you don’t know where your’e going…. you’ll probably end up somewhere else.” Taken from a book title, this quote conveys a very simple message: To achieve an objective, create a plan!
If you plan to buy a home soon, you will need to know “where you are going.” For a most enjoyable home-buying expereience, first build a road mao to your new home, a list of priorities that will lead you to your objective- a new home!
The first priority is time frame.Write down the date which you would like to move in to you new home:
Keep in mind that it may take 30-90 days (or more) to locate the right home, secure financing, and complete the home-buying process.
The next priority is to develop a detailed description of the home you hope to find. Be specific. Include architectural style, number of bedrooms and baths, location, lot size, and other special requirements. Number your preferences in order of greatest importance to you.
The information you share with your REALTOR during your inital consultation will enable your real estate agent to narrow your home search. He or she will take this information and enter your requirements into the Multiple Listing Service (MLS ) system, and then use personal market knowledge to come up with a list of homes that best meet your needs and wants.
During the home search, your real estate agent will:
- Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of each home in relation to your specific needs.
- Keep you informed on a regular basis.
- Check the MLS database and talk with other brokers regularly for new listings.
- Prepare a list of all the homes that best meet your needs and wants.
- Keep you up-to-date on changing financial conditions that may affect the housing market.
- Be available to answer your questions or offer assistance regarding your home purchase.
- Discuss market trends and values relative to properties that interest you.
If you would like to speak with a REALTOR contact Hunter Webb at HunterWebb@verizon.net or call at 469-951-2299
You can also speak to a REALTOR online by going to our Ask A REALTOR page