Buying a home can be a very exciting time in your life. To make sure you get the best home for your needs it is a great idea to analyze what you want and what you need in a home’s features and amenities before you go out and look at homes. We have compiled a great list of some of the features and amenities you will want to think about before you look at homes.
- Age: Do you prefer historic properties, or newer ones?
- Style: Do you have a special preference for ranches, bungalows, or another style of construction?
- Bedrooms: How many do you need? How many do you want?
- Bathrooms: How many do you need? How many do you want?
- Living and Dining Areas: A traditional, formal layout, or a more open, contemporary plan?
- Stories: How many?
- Square Feet: How Much Space?
- Ceilings: How high?
- Kitchen: How big? Recently updated? Open to the other living areas?
- Storage: Big closets, a shed, an extra-large garage?
- Parking: A garage or carport? Room for how many cars?
- Extras: Attic or basement?
Amenities you might want to consider:
- Play/ exercise room
- Security System
- In-law suite (Guest room)
- Hot tub
- Wooded Lot
- Patio, deck, or porch
- Laundry room
You will also want to consider how you and your family will want to spend your time in your new home. Do you spend alot of time staying in your bedroom or do you like to hangout in the kitchen and living areas? Do you want to be able to see the family room from the kitchen or would you like it blocked off. Would you prefer your master bedroom to be upstairs or downstairs? These are just a few of the many things you will need to consider when you decide to find your new home.
If you would like to speak with a REALTOR contact Hunter Webb at HunterWebb@verizon.net or call at 469-951-2299
You can also speak to a REALTOR online by going to our Ask A REALTOR page