Collin County Homes – St Patrick’s Day Parade 2012 Dallas – How To Get There
Planning on going to the St Patrick’s Day Parade in Dallas this year? Not sure how to get there and where to park? I HIGHLY recommend using the DART rail system. Using the DART rail; especially if you are coming from Collin County, will save you the headache and the hassle of having to find a parking spot in the congested and closed off parts of Greenville. I myself have used the DART rail the last 3 years to get to the parade and will continue to use it this year. I do want to offer a warning however…… The parking at the individual DART stations can get heavy and you may be forced to wait a train or two before you can get on if the crowds are heavy. The best way to avoid these issues is by arriving at the station earlier rather than later. I am posting the DART websites statement and information about the parade below.
The Greenville Avenue St. Patrick’s Day Parade brings thousands together along the route to celebrate. The 33rd annual parade begins at 11 a.m. and proceeds down Greenville Ave. from Blackwell to Yale with outrageous floats, colorful costumes and plenty of surprises. Information:greenvilleavenue.org.
Saturday, Mar. 17
- Via DART Rail Red Line or Blue Line to Mockingbird Station
- Via DART Rail Red Line to Park Lane or Lovers Lane stations
- In additional to regularly scheduled Saturday service, DART Rail trains from Parker Road Station to West End Station will be available approximately every 10-15 minutes between 8:25 a.m. and 1:05 p.m. Additional train service will terminate at Victory and Bachman stations. After 1:05 p.m., regular southbound Red Line Saturday service will be available.Seven DART Rail trains from Bachman Station to Parker Road Station will operate between 7:23 a.m. and 8:53 a.m., with service approximately every 10-20 minutes. These trains will display Orange signs. Three of these trips will begin service at North Carrollton/Frankford Station. Departures times from North Carrollton/Frankford are 7:11 a.m., 7:46 a.m. and 8:11 a.m.Additional trips from Victory Station to Parker Road Station will be available approximately every 10-20 minutes between 9:34 a.m. and 11:34 a.m. The last trip from Victory Station to Parker Road Station departs at 12:04 p.m.
Post-parade, Green Line passengers can ride Red or Blue line trains to downtown Dallas to transfer to a Green Line train.
- Note:Lovers Lane Station Closed to Bus Routes 502 and 583 During St. Patrick’s Day Parade, Sat, Mar 17
- Bus Detours for Routes 1, 428, 502 and 583 during the St. Patrick’s Day Parade, Sat, Mar 17